Thursday 16 June 2016

Artist Statement

Artist statement 

My influences are the art that I'm inspired by for example graffiti is my key interest in art so I like to be inspired by the work of graffiti similar to the work of Banksy. I enjoy the craziness of his artwork so I try to interrupt this style in my work. I also enjoy photography, I like to link some of the pictures that I take to my work that I make. For example I did a project based on trains so I went out and took some photos of trains that I saw when I was out and about. 

My style of work is mostly drawing from life for example I draw photos of graffiti pieces I find that I've taken and I draw them into my sketchbook as part of my development. I normally see something that interests me and I like to think about it and draw it later. I also enjoy creating models I take inspiration from the internet of designers like James Dyson and Anthony Gormley. I also like to use different medias like paint and pastels in my drawings. 

I have achieved a final piece where I made a 3D train painting, I made a wire frame and then later layered it with PVA glue and tissue paper. I then made a wooden fence using sticks from a bamboo mat that I'd found. I then wrapped the wire round the sticks to create a join. 

I feel like I'm becoming more experimental with my work, and my style is still evolving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment