Saturday 14 November 2015

Banksy 



Across this double page I had made some cut outs of images that I'd found over the internet that were work of Banksy. I was sat in the library looking through my sketchbook when she suggested doing a page on Banksy as I'd said in the past that Banksy was my favorite artist. This got me thinking of all the different ideas I could try and the first idea was a Ronald McDonald pop out, I got this strange idea from a dream I had once about a strange encounter with a Ronald McDonald costume I had found down the side of a toilet cubicle. I originally had the idea of making the Ronald McDonald top pop out from behind these curtains I was going make across the top of the double pages. But my mind took me else where, I found sticking the tissue paper down quite hard and felt like it got in the way of the painting I had made. I was sat at the dining room table painting the man throwing the flower bomb. I used a cut out rat and stuck it on the page above the man. 

For the Parachute Rat I'd painted it on paper and cut round it and stuck it in my book.
I had to be careful that I didn't go over the drawing line I had done. 


For the Ronald McDonald I had painted the costume at the dinner table when I came home from college before painting the man throwing the flowers. I had used very fine brushes to make up his costume, along with some red glitter to cover his sleeves. I then used string to attach the cut out to the page. 




I then began on my man throwing the flowers, I had used a image off the internet to refer to while I was painting. I layered it in black coats to make sure it was a solid black, during this process my mum had come in after picking my brother up from school. I was finished with the man before I knew it. 


I then had a look at the image of the man and lady who was being invaded by the flock of pigeons on the park bench. This gave me some ideas of what to add to the Double page of Banksy. 



I made a mini painting of the woman sat at the bench in my book, I stuck some pencil sharpening's across her face to represent the pigeons. I felt like it needed something more to show the busyness of it so I added some glitter. Looking back at it I felt like it could of been a bit bigger and May have used something different than glitter. 

To complete the page off I printed some different images of work Banksy had made, and decorated the page with layered brick work, to give it that very graffiti like effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment