Saturday 28 November 2015

This evening we were at the back of the classroom I was leading on a wonky table with 3 other people. The talk was about the choice of either working on your writing up for your evaluation or either trying out a special kind of mod rock method. Which in my case was going to be my choice. This gave me a great chance to learn a new method of mod rocking. 

Their were two teachers at the front who had a display of a tray full of water and sheets of mod rock along with some Vaseline. So while the big people of people went off to practice their evaluation writing. I chose a stool at the front, they started off his showing us what to do to stay safe and why it was important to apply Vaseline to protect your skin from the mod rock sticking. Then this teacher started to put the mod rock into the water tray to dampen it before applying it to her hand in strips around her hand. She didn't do the full demonstration of what to do but she told us so far as to apply it with care and smooth it out with water afterwards. 

It was then time to give it a try for ourselves in pairs of two, I was lost at first as to who to go with some I chose to go with this girl who looked lonely. I went to ask her if she wanted to go with me and she said yes. So I went pick up our tray which she quickly took off me and offered to fill with water. Just then Lauren came to tell me to pick up the things I needed so seeing the table full of resources. I picked up the things I needed that I'd suddenly remembered. 

I took off my coat that I was wearing and started to prepare myself, I decided to do my full hand as it was big and detailed. The fingers were long and I could capture a good pose to use to cover with mod rock. I started to layer the first layer of mod rock it felt tickle like something wet had gone onto my bare skin. I liked the way it was easy to mold onto your fingers and on the palm of your hand. The first thing that got me was how quickly it dried so I made a few layers on top. I was watching Lauren my teaching assistant doing it as well and she had made a O shape with her thumb and her finger. 

My palm was covered with mod rock followed by my fingers which were also covered with mod rock I made another layer on top to make sure it felt like a mold after. I may have over done it with my small finger. While I was waiting for it to dry I could feel the mod rock stick to my skin so I had to twitch my hand and fingers at times to free the friction. I had trouble getting it off my hand so the teacher gave me some scissors to use to cut free the mod rock, this gave me a good chance to try to free my hand. Eventually my hand was freed. My hand was swelled up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment