Friday 13 November 2015

Tessellations

For this project we had to chose an idea or something that meant something to us. I chose to base my original idea of a blue toy airplane that I had since I was small. I remember playing with it from when I lived in Brussels to when I moved to Plymouth. I remember most of all the sound its wheels made when I used to roll it along the floor as a child and the way its red wings would flap.











When it came to the day when we had to make our starting tessellations I hadn't remembered to bring in my special item which was the plane. Nor did I remember that the tessellation had to be easy to tessellate so I decided to choose my pencil sharpener rubber instead. It's curved shape and round edges could easily be tessellated in a pattern some how.



I then went onto create a paper tessellation then a wooden tessellation shape along with a metal tessellation shape. The tessellations were a reasonable outcome. I made a wooden one with pencil shavings on top plus a metal one with indents that I'd made. I also made one with saw dust on top too along with another which was a plastic mold I'd made filled with polystyrene.

These were the ones I made...

No comments:

Post a Comment