Friday 20 November 2015

Today In Lucy's lesson 

we started to produce our pictures, we had the choice of either starting them in 3D or 2D. At first I struggled a bit because I didn't know whether to start mine in 2D or 3D and this worried me a bit because I was one of the last to start. Eventually I decided to make mine in 3D which I'm still currently doing, I had a look on my phone for 3D drawings and paintings because I really wanted mine to look like it was coming out of the picture frame. 

I came across a lot of really cool crazy chalk drawings that people had made on the outside floor on these photos, followed by that were the really wacky paintings that looked like they were actually coming out of the photo frame.  I had lots to chose from in a small space of time. 


This one really caught my eye as the chose of colors really go well with each other and they compliment the animal that looks like its coming out of the picture. The way the paint goes from dark to light looks 3 dimensional in the sense that its coming out like its a hunting animal. Along with its dark and light tones on the animal that also bring a 3D effect. I also liked the way the artist has left the watercolor paper shape off the picture that shape the sharks nose and fin this creates the overall 3D effect in the painting. 


In this one it has a very wintry feel to it as the color tones set the piece out as a slight dark but joyful tone. The colors look soft and shiny like winter and the edges of the picture for example the log look like their actually there on the tiles even with the back shadow certain parts look like their coming out of the picture for example the trees and the log. The end of the log looks like burnt wood bits on the end that have that very wintry feel almost like sitting round a fire on a snowy day outside.  

However I went with a slightly different approach for mine I decided to make a 3D vortex to decorate with the back board of the frame. I decided to make a vortex because the task was to make something in either 3D or 2D but I decided 3D so I went with a vortex idea where by I would make the vortex look like its coming out of frame. I've to layer the paint over to make it look 3D the shape would look triangle like, However I slightly regret the idea of its being paint instead of colored paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment