Saturday 14 November 2015






TIME



















Over the weekend I had brought some mirrored paper that I'd especially brought to decorate the front cover of my sketchbook. I wanted the cover of my book to look like the Time Mr Lebowski mirror in "The Big Mr Lebowski" film I'd watched. These are some examples of the "Time" mirrors.













So I went out to buy some mirrored paper, I remember leaving the house as quickly as possible to find some while I still could. I tried Paper chase first and they were out of stock, they suggested trying Hobby Craft so I went over there instead. I managed to find some in the paper section of the store.




When I got home I started work on the front cover. I remember being amendment to finish it so I rushed a bit, however I still managed to keep the border straight and the Time title on. After time and much effort I managed to finish it. This is what I would of hoped for in terms of accuracy... 

This however was my outcome...









I still had some left because they came in packets of 5's, so I did another one only this time decorating the boarder with roses, as I thought it went well with a calm natural feel to my sketchbook. 

I also made another flowery boarder only this time using a sharpie pen. 





















I also took some inspiration some Grayson Perry's work and made a string pattern page in my sketchbook where I'd stuck the string pattern done first and layer it with pink paint afterwards. However I had to wait a long time for the glue to dry and some of the glue mixed with the paint bled through the page. 


No comments:

Post a Comment