Friday 13 November 2015

My sketch book pieces

I was looking through my sketch book at the missing pages where I had forgotten to fill and suddenly i had a brand new idea. A Banksy painting I had found in my Banksy book I've had since I was 13. Alot of his artwork inspired me but this one stood out, out of all of them. A woman running her fingers through her hair. Now a painting like this always has a certain style, so I went with that. 

I was upstairs in my small room painting away carefully looking at the image as I was copying and making sure that I didn't make a mistake cause with paint its very hard to undo a mistake. I noticed that the artist (Banksy) left the painting dripping from the portrait almost like he had slapped a load of paint on the page and left it to drip then later came to paint in the woman's appearance. 

When it came to the next day It was time to fill in the woman's details and face. This was going to be hard I thought, but luckily it wasn't too hard as her face was shady in some areas like the hair and round her eyes. I soon got the hang of it. 


And here's my outcome...  


No comments:

Post a Comment