Friday 13 November 2015

In this task we were put into groups of 6 where we all had to go into town to explore the streets to see what we could find. We could pick up anything that we saw on the floor that we found interesting or inspiring and take it back to the studio after, along with that we could also take photos of things that we also found inspiring along the way and that were also marked on the map that Tweeney had handed out to everyone. During this task I took part of the way there (To city center) holding the camera and taking photos of things I found interesting I took a number of ones on the way. I found the CCTV cameras the most interesting out of all the things to see, I just liked the different shaped ones you could get and the different sizes they were as well. The photos were taken twice to make sure they were accurate, Both had great accuracy which I was pleased with I also liked the angle I had shot them at (very bold and central). Between the journey from college to the Sun Dial I found a lot of cigarette packets on the floor, Lauren had suggested that I wasn't very hygienic of me to pick up something that had been in someones mouth but I decided to keep it til I got back to the studio. When we got to the Sun Dial I had taken to photos of the water running down the round ring that held the Gnomon, the patterns the water made against the bronze numbers were mesmerizing to watch as they fell down across the metal numbers into the water. I remember taking a good photo of the lights around the Sun Dial too, Their tall presence seemed dream like. It was then time to start heading down to the Market which was the next place marked on our map by the time we got their we had some people (passers by) that could take some photos of us as we stood outside the market. In we went after with much more to explore around the market in our group, We had to stop for a while while somebody went to buy something from the shop while we were waiting I saw some very interesting Chinese lanterns hanging outside the shop stand. I took a number of photos of them outside, I was really interested in the way the lights hit the metal parts of the lantern. The Next thing I came across was a shop with had a very optical illusion mechanical structure that moved in a twirly way, luckily I had enough time to film this structure moving before It was time to leave the market and go to the Barbican.

On the way there I remember looking around at the interesting buildings I saw along the way in particular the interesting shops and houses on the street leading towards the Barbican. The next thing I knew was that It was time to split up I found this interesting because the cobbles in the backstreets felt funny to walk on so I was eager to go to the Tudor Garden. We head to ask for some directions on the way because it was on a very long narrow backstreet of the shops, luckily we got some directions and we soon got on our way. When we came to the Tudor Gardens all the other groups had gathered together too. I took some photos of the Pigeons sitting perched on the wall where the windows of the other house were. It was interesting to see the gardens eloquence within the walls that surrounded it. Not to mention the way the stone steps that led up into the upper bit of the garden. It was then time for lunch and I went off to get myself a Subway before heading back to college.

These were the drawings I made...



No comments:

Post a Comment