Saturday 14 November 2015

It was a rainy day outside and I was up in my room looking through my sketch book seeing what I could change, and I saw a page that I thought could be improved. The next page I had made a pen drawing of a cigarette and the drawing had bled through the page and onto the next two pages. So without a moment to lose I grabbed my paint brush and began painting the two pages. 
For this page I had used a coat of dark green paint mixed with some lighter green to create an almost dark against light sort of green. After hair drying it I got a sponge and dipped it in some lime green paint and began sponging the paint onto the paper. I felt like the lime green paint faded into the dark green really well. After I painted 2 Pencil sharpener rubbers onto the page, one on the top and one on the bottom to fit with the dialogue I had written. I then rewrote what I'd wrote before onto this new page.

Now for this page.. It was a slightly different case. I decided to chose orange and black as my two main colors, as I thought they best suited the smoking accusation. The Orange reminded me of the fire patterns on the end of a cigarette and the black reminded me of the ash left over from a cigarette.   




No comments:

Post a Comment